Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hiking


So Jerry, the girls and I decided to trek to Valley Falls for a little hiking. It is something Jerry and I have always loved to do and the weather has been great. Today we decided to do the 2 mile hike. It was beautiful. Most of the trail ran right along side a creek. The girls loved it. Ally and Ansley are both troopers. Ally jogged most of the trail with her dad and walked the rest. Ansley spent most of the trail on one of our shoulders but only because we couldn't keep any kind of pace with her on foot. She has to stop to pick up everything and her short little legs can only go so fast. I have to say that by the end even I was tired. Ally complained in the last stretch but finished with a strong sprint to the finish. At the end of the trail we took our shoes off and splashed in the lake for a little bit. As we were headed back to the car an ice-cream truck pulled up. Ally asked, "What is that?" Poor thing has never had ice-cream off the ice-cream truck. It was 4:30 pm but what the heck, lets have ice-cream!!

After the park we stopped and picked up some sandwiches from subway and a video. While the kids and I were waiting in the car Ally strikes with another one of her profound questions.

Ally: "Where do you find a Daddy?"

Me: "What?" Maybe I misunderstood the question.

Ally: "Where do you find a Daddy? Where did you find our Daddy?" Nope I had it right the first time.

Me: "Well Ally when you get bigger you will meet boys at school and at church that you like. When you find one that you love you can marry him and he will be the daddy of your family." A little simplistic but good enough for a four year old I think.

It is at this point that Jerry comes meandering back to the car.

Me: "Ally wants to know where you find a Daddy."

Jerry: Why are you looking for a new one?" Typical Jerry

Ally: "No I was just wondering so I know where to find one when I need one for my babies."

Jerry: At church of course!"

Four and already wondering about a daddy for her family. No wonder Jerry's hair is turning white!!!

No comments: