Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanks and Giving

So the girls and I have been talking a lot about what Thanksgiving really means and why we celebrate it. I have some really great books that we have been reading at night before bed too. To go along with this one of my friends had passed me the link to a site with a great kids activity. The site is chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com and the activity is Thanks and Giving Trees. The idea is you print out a Thanks tree and a Giving tree and each night each member of the family writes out on a leaf something they are thankful for and something they did for someone else that day and then paste the leaf on the appropriate tree. You do this each night leading up to Thanksgiving and at the end you have a beautiful tree filled with leaves. I thought it was a cute idea even for younger kids so we are going to give it a try.

No comments: