Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time Out for Women: Joyful Life


This weekend I had the pleasure of attending my first Time Out for Women Conference in Springfield Mass. It was great to get away with some of the women from my ward for the night and feed my spirit. The focus of the conference was on being joyful. In our journey of life we have our Heavenly Father who wants us to be happy and Satan who wants us to be contentious and miserable. Contention kills joy so it is our job to be kind even in the hardest of circumstances. Kindness snowballs, Pass it on!!

The world in which we live is full of despair and hardship. We are not in the Garden of Eden. We need the Lord. Turn to him always. He can and will pull us from despair and bring us back to joy. Remember, we are nothing. We are broken. We need the Lord. We need to learn to rely on Him. Our husbands, children, and friends cannot hold us up. Only the Lord can truly support us. He gives us our weaknesses, and sometimes brings us down so that we can grow and learn to rely on him.

Most importantly thank Him ALWAYS!! Even in the hard times, we have been given so much. The mere act of replacing complaining with thanks and praise can make us joyful. Remember, without Him we are NOTHING!! I pray that we can all take the steps in our lives that will take us from happy to truly Joyful!!


3 comments:

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

If I had known you were going to use the picture on your blog I would have refused to take one with you :-) Had a great time. Glad you did too.

Michelle said...

Hi Gina! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad you had fun with your family!

Vi said...

For some reason I haven't seen any of your new posts... so I'm backtracking on my comments....
I'm so glad you had a good time! Wish I could've hung out with you all like we had planned!