Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18, 2008

So today Ansley thought she would test out the waters of bringing the happy and da beam beyond the limits of her room and came strolling downstairs with it. I immediately caught her and told her she needed to bring it back upstairs. There was a problem though. Ally was in the living room playing with domino's and she just couldn't wait to get over there to get her hands in the pile. So she put the blanket and pacifier on the kitchen table. I again told her that happy and beam needed to go upstairs. Her reply, "no!" (This has become a common response in the last few weeks) I told her that if she didn't put the happy and beam back in her bed I would have to throw it away. She immediately gets up from playing and heads for her beloved things. What happens next could only be the result of Jerry's genetic makeup. The stubborn Ansley proceeds to open the trash can and stuff the happy and da beam inside. "All done, I go play now!" I could barely contain myself. She is is soooo stubborn. Of course they couldn't stay there. At least not the blanket, so I sat her down and explained that if she left it there the trash man would get them and she wouldn't be able to sleep with them anymore. This did the trick and she quickly ran them up to her bed. It reminds me of a very similar situation involving Ally and some blocks at about the same age. Kind of makes me wonder what I have coming for the teen years.

No comments: