Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Gum


So the other day I bought Ally a package of gum. She loves and as a treat for helping me in the grocery store I caved. The deal was it had to stay out of reach of Ansley, which it did for several days. Today however, as I was emptying out the car, I could hear the sound of shrills and screams coming from the kitchen. When I got to the commotion I found Ally crying over a ripped package of gum and pieces of gum strewn all over the floor. I quickly picked it all up (or I thought) with the exception of one piece that had already made it into Ansley's mouth. I told Ally that I had to keep the gum now and put it on the fridge. Ansley swallowed the piece she was chewing and all was well in the world. We had a chill day, hanging around the house without too much fussing, which was nice. Several times throughout the day though I could tell Ansley was chewing on something. So I would ask her, "Ansley what's in your mouth?" To which she replied both times, "gum!" Impossible, or so I thought, due to the fact that the gum was now on top of the fridge. Fast forward to the end of the day. I am sitting on the couch, reading a book when I see Ansley reach into the pocket of her dress and pull out a piece of gum. The little rascal had picked up as many pieces of gum as she could and hide them in her pocket and had indeed been chewing gum all day. I know, you can nominate me for mommy of the year later. At least I know she was telling the truth. I figure with all of the gum she has swallowed today, tomorrow she will probably blow a bubble out of her rear!!

No comments: