Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ok, so I lost it

So I admit it, I had a meltdown. I have been trying to get through orientation and getting back into a home routine and I melted. The kids refuse to clean anything up. Stuff is scattered everywhere and they destroy one area just as a clean another. So I lost it. Not completely, but there was some yelling as I tried to explain to the kids that I am not a maid. (Ansley disagreed, "Yes you are momma.") It didn't help the situation at all. So I sat them down and explained that from now on if I find a big mess I am not going to clean it up and I am not going to beg them to, I am simply going to bag it up and take it to the goodwill. Something I have done before. So far it is working. Jerry says that every evening before I get home, Ally rounds up Ansley and the two of them clean up. She even made my bed yesterday. It's been great. I have made it a point to praise them and Ally is so proud. When I got home tonight though Jerry told me that Ansley told Ally, "We don't have to clean up the big toys because mommy can't throwed them away, they are too big to fit in the twash can." While he loved the for thought involved with her rationalization he quickly reminded her that they were not too big to fit into the dumpster. It was all picked up when I got home. :) Maybe I should melt down more often.

1 comment:

The Bryant's said...

Horray! I need to try that!