Thursday, August 13, 2009

The 3 year report

So in all of the madness this week we forgot to take Ansley to her 3 year well visit. Fortunately they could squeeze her in today because she really is already overdue. Overall it was a good report. She weighed in at 29.6 lbs which is 50th percentile for weight and was 38 inches tall which is 75th percentile for height. As usual she spoke no words leading the nurse to believe she is a mute. She even asked her about her birthday and what she got. Nothing. Just blank stares and silence. It wasn't until she asked her if she wanted a sticker that she muttered, "and a sucker?" After which she reminded the nurse that the last time she was in the office, "I throwed up everywhere." Yuck, a memory neither I or the nurse wanted to recall. When she was asked what her name was she said "Babycakers". I said no your real name. "Ansley Babycakers." Too funny. We were scolded only once. We bought Ansley a tricycle for her birthday and no helmet. I know we are anxiously awaiting our nomination for parents of the year again, although I never had a helmet and I think I turned out alright. After her checkup they did any extensive vision screening on her where they put electrodes on her head and made her where any eye patch. It helped that Ally really wanted to do it and wore an eye patch too. The test had her naming animals and I have to say she knew many that I didn't think she would know. She passed the test and we headed out. As I was about to buckle Ansley into her car seat I realized that the actual car seat wasn't strapped in. I know double nominations!! So as I am trying to put the car seat in Jerry decides he wants to try the eye patch on. It's at this point that the vision screener comes running out with some paperwork we had forgotten. So here we are Jerry wearing the pirate patch and me putting in the car seat. Pretty embarrassing to say the least. Oh well, as Jerry says it's just enough day in paradise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad we are not the only ones that have done that with the car seat. We realized Nathan's seat was undone when were were getting onto the Mass Pike and Abby yelled "Look at Nathan he is falling over" to make matters worse, we finally found a safe spot to pull over and buckle him in, and as soon as I got out of the car and opened his door a State Trooper stopped to see if we were all set. He kind of smiled when I told him why we pulled over. We will be right there with you for the awards.
Kathleen