Sunday, August 16, 2009

Grandpa

Today after breakfast we left RI to go down to East Haven and spend some time with grandpa. He is getting ready for a really big surgery and I have been wanting to get down to see him. He looked amazing. We spent time talking about his siblings and what he did in the military and even his time as a teamster. The girls were so well behaved and let us just sit and talk with him. They did invade the meatball dish though. Ally with a mouth full of meatball requested that dinner be ready soon. (I guess she really liked the meatball.) Barb as always was slaving in the kitchen. Not my intent when I invited myself down but she is an amazing cook and everything she cooks is delicious. Before dinner grandpa walked with us down to the beach and sat out in the sun for a while. After only 2 minutes out in the water Jerry was bit by a crab which he found tremendously funny. It only took me a couple of minutes to remember how awful Connecticut beaches are. I easily forget how spoiled I am having been so close to the gulf for so long. Dinner was incredible and we left full and happy for the time we were able to spend with grandpa. Ally told him she was praying for him and we left. It wasn't until we were in Killingworth that I realized Jerry had gone north on 95 instead of south and we were 45 minutes out of the way. UGGGG! That's what I get for assuming he knows what is going on. But as Jerry quickly pointed out. We were all together!

No comments: