Monday, December 15, 2008

So Grateful

During the holidays I like to really give thanks for the many blessing I have received and I would be ungrateful if I did not thank my Heavenly Father for some of the wonderful people who have entered into our lives over the last year. I am so grateful for a wonderful visiting teacher who who given my a greater testimony of the program and who has made me want to be a better visiting teacher myself. Elizabeth you never cease to amaze me. You are truly a wonderful person who even before you really knew me, always knew ME. Your messages are always just what I need and you always have this way of knowing just when to call or stop by. You are so in touch with the Spirit and I thank you for that. You truly are someone who I love and admire and appreciate you in my life so very much. You have become a wonderful friend. I am also grateful for a woman who has helped me more than she knows. Claudette I know you think that I am always helping you but it really is just the opposite. A couple of days a week I have the privilege of picking up her wonderful daughter Sierra who in turn helps me with the girls and gives me a few minutes of time to myself. In return Claudette keeps my girls from 6 pm until Jerry gets out of class. An awful time to have two small kids after a full day at work. Not only does she do this but she comes to my house and lavishes them with attention and even feeds them and gets them ready for bed. An very tough time in the Rice household. Claudette has the patience of a saint and my children absolutely LOVE HER!! Especially my baby cakers. It is extremely hard to work outside the home when your children are small and many nights they cry as I leave but on the nights Claudette is here they are happy to see me go and for that I am SO eternally grateful. They love her, they look forward to their visits and I know that they are safe and happy in her care. What a wonderful gift. So thank you God for all of the wonderful blessings you give me each day but especially for these two wonderful women, my friends.

No comments: