Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decorating the Cookies



So tonight after dinner I made some frosting and let the girls decorate the sugar cookies we baked last night. I made red and green frosting, gave them each a new brush and let them have at it. I gave Ally about a dozen and Ansley 8 or 9. Everything was going wonderfully. They were having a ball. Ally was meticulously painting each of her cookies with precision while Ansley really was just taking the opportunity to make a mess. Like I have said before, I don't like messes so I tend to shield the girls from them so they have to take any opportunity they get. She was frosting them though and that's what counts. Anyway things were going great when disaster struck.....the phone rang. They were doing great what could five or ten minutes on the phone do, right? Wrong!! I got off the phone to find Ally with 12 beautifully decorated cookies and Ansley with, well a pictures worth a thousand words so here it is....


She had taste tested a few of her cookies and well what was left wasn't looking like anything anyone would have wanted to eat. I was laughing so hard I could hardly contain myself enough to video tape the event. When I asked her why she didn't eat all of them she said, "I don't want no more cookies." When I asked her why she said, "my belly's full." Well I guess so, she ate almost 6 large sugar cookies. I think I would be SICK! Here is the post cookie belly shot, Hilarious!


A belly full of cookies!


Who could be made at that face??


Some of Ally's masterpieces. She's just like her mom and so very proud of her job. She didn't eat a single cookie.

No comments: