Saturday, December 13, 2008

Making Christmas Cookies



I love Christmas which is odd because as a child I hated it. I remember always thinking I had the stomach bug every holiday. In retrospect it was probably just anxiety but I hated how Christmas meant running around and stress so I have really tried to make it something else now that I have kids. This season has been extra special too because last year we were in limbo and didn't get to decorate our own place. We have really enjoyed decorating the condo and playing Christmas tunes. Work has been horribly scare so we are taking it as a blessing of time and having fun. As a very wise friend recently told me, "You either have money or you have time but your rarely get both!" So true Elizabeth! So tonight we spent time as a family making Christmas cookies. I got this great new sugar cookie recipe so I made the dough earlier during the day and the girls helped me roll it out and cut out the cookies after dinner. I'm embarrassed to say it but it's probably the first time I have actually made cookies from scratch with the girls. I have become a fan of the tub of cookies that you scoop and bake. Easy and no mess. But in the spirit of Christmas the tub of cookies felt like cheating. Plus there is a lot to be said for renting. I personally don't care near as much about the MESS!!!!!!!


No comments: