Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It looks promising

So today was a fantastic day. Ally woke up, got dressed, brushed her teeth and cleaned her room all without me saying a word. She was quiet at first (probably embarassed about the nights events) but warmed up quickly when I complimented her on being so big and getting ready herself. "Are you proud of me mommy?" "Yes Ally I am!" We had a long talk about what I expect and why I was upset with her last night. She really is a good kid and wants her dad and I to be proud of her, she just has a serious problem with testing the limits lately. I can only hope that this morning is a taste of some relief that is to come. I love my kids to death I just can't stand them sometimes. What I try to keep reminding myself is that what drives me crazy about Ally now will be what is so great about her as an adult. She doesn't take no for an answer and is an expert negotiater. Oh my sweet little Ally you are a wonderful soul but you are only 5 so for now can we pipe it down a hundred notches?



This afternoon we took advantage of the nice weather and went with our neighbors Ally and Ben to the park in Manchester. The girls had a blast. It amazes me how much they can do. Ansley isn't afraid of anything and will climb and slide all day long, even the biggest, highest slides. Ally is actually getting some serious upper body strength and can do the monkey bars. I love nice days.

No comments: