Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1, 2010










Today was a great day!  It started with church, where for the first time in a long time I felt like my lesson went really well.   Ansley is still not feeling well though and on top of intermittent fevers and no appetite she is cranky and having more of her chronic GI issues.  I had given her a ton of laxative which of coarse works its way out while she is in class. :)  After class Sister Dilzer tells me that their lesson was on obedience and that Ansley shared that "It makes you feel good inside," with one of those Ansley beaming grins.  It really is so appropriate that she said that.  She is so sensitive and she really does beam when she knows she has done good so it probably does make her feel good inside.  Ally on the other hand had a lesson about being kind.  At one point Brother Faber asked the class what they would do if someone hit them.  Ally had the answer of coarse.  "My mommy and daddy said I should hit them back!"  That was a fun one to explain.  This is only half true.  We tell the girls to tell the person to stop.  If they don't we tell them to tell a teacher, parent or any adult and if it still doesn't stop we do encourage them to defend themselves.  We never used too but in the last few years both of my girls have had experiences where kids would bully them and pick on them because they wouldn't defend themselves.  While I don't want them to be unchrist-like I also don't want them to let people walk all over them.  So sorry if my child hits yours.  If it was unprovoked by all means I want to know because I do not condone that and Ally has been corrected.

After church we went over the Buckley's for an amazing dinner.  It was like Thanksgiving.  Ansley is still not her chipper self and didn't eat much.  This has definitely been the worst round of vaccinations ever.  After dinner we picked blueberries off of her blueberry bush and rhubarb and flowers out of the garden.  Ms Claudette has a wealth of edible greens, fruits and flowers in her yard and the girls and I enjoy trying them all!  Thank you Buckley family!  It was a great Sunday afternoon!

No comments: