Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ally's first talk

So Ally was quite bummed when Ansley got a talk before she did, so Sister White made sure she got assigned one too!  Her talk today was about how Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is a God of miracles. "For behold, I am god, and I am a God of miracles;...and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith: 2 Nephi 27:23.  She did a great job.  She was able to read most of it without any help at all.  Great job Ally!!

Jesus Performed Miracles

Jesus performed many miracles.  He turned water into wine.  He healed a blind man.  He calmed a storm.  He healed a group of lepers and he fed thousands with just a few fish and some bread.  One of my favorite stories of Jesus performing miracles is  the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead.  When Jesus heard that Lazarus was he sick he went to see him.  By the time Jesus got to him, he had been dead for 4 days.  Jesus prayed to Heavenly Father and then commanded Lazarus to rise from the dead.  Lazarus came back to life.  Many people saw this miracle and believed in Jesus.  I know that Jesus lives.  I know that Jesus performs miracles today.  When I was a baby I got very sick.  My mom and dad took me to the doctors but I wasn't getting any better.  After a week of high fevers, the missionaries came to the house and gave me a blessing.  That night my fever broke and I was well again.  It was a miracle and one of the many things that brought my mom and dad into the church.  I am grateful for Jesus Christ and for the blessings and miracles he brings to my life.  In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

No comments: