Saturday, August 14, 2010

A long week away

This week I was in Atlanta for work and skills fair.  I always hate leaving the girls but it had to been done.  We talked every night on the phone and they kept me abreast of all of the weird things daddy was doing.  Like ordering Chinese food for lunch.  After all if it's not what mommy would do then it must be WRONG!  Ha, I have them trained already.  The girls spent some time with Sierra while daddy was teaching.  She has been a wonderful help to us this summer.  Thank you Sierra.  I spent most of the week working but did have a half day on Thursday where I was able to spend the afternoon with my best friend from Georgia, Erin and her new baby Roger.  He is only a few weeks old and adorable.  I was also able to have dinner with my family.  It was a nice break from the work week!  This week was also a week of some firsts for me.  I was able to navigate from the airport to my hotel using Marta by myself with  no major issues and will probably use it from now on.  It was much easier than I thought it would be and it only cost me 2 bucks.  Much less than the 45 dollar cab fair would have been.  The way back wasn't as smooth as my cab to take me to the train station didn't show up and I had to take the bus.  Thankfully there is a bus stop in front of the hospital.  I made it to the airport with 35 minutes to spare only to find out that my flight was delayed indefinitely.  Not exactly the scenario I was hoping for.  After all, a 12 hour shift makes a shower and a bed top priority and I still had a 2.5 hour flight home and a 1.5  hour drive.  We finally took off around 11:30 pm, landed at 2 am and got back to the house around 4 am.  I was so tired I didn't even shower and barely noticed that the girls had worked so diligently to make my bed almost perfectly.  Thank you girls.  You did a great job!

No comments: