Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday Dinner










After working the worst 3 day stretch of my life we spent Sunday with our family. After church my family came up from the southern half of the state to have dinner and cake with us for Ansley's birthday. The weather was crummy so we were stuck inside but it wasn't as crammed as I thought it would be. We had a great time, especially Ansley who couldn't wait to open her presents. Thank you to all of my family for making the trek up in such bad weather. We love you!

On a side note Jerry and I had to talk to Ally at church today. She has become quite the little prankster at home and thought it would be funny to try it at church. During class she asked to go to the bathroom, when she came back instead of quietly walking in and taking a seat she knocked on the door causing her teacher to stop class and open it. When he did she was hiding. She thought it was hilarious. He did not. So after class she immediately came up to me to tell me she had misbehaved in class. I didn't know the story at this point. I told her she needed to go and apologize and tell Brother Faber she would do better next week. Without a single complaint she walked right over to him and apologized. I was shocked! I don't know what all was said but they talked for a few minutes and I could tell that Ally felt better about the situation after wards. Great job Ally! The hard part about making mistakes is saying you're sorry and trying to do better. You are off to a great start already!

No comments: