Friday, July 30, 2010

Two Birthdays and the snake

Today two of my very good friend were celebrated birthdays which meant twice the birthday cake before heading to work at 3pm.  I got the first cake out of the oven and was getting ready to put it out on the deck to cool when I dropped it on the freshly vacuumed carpet.  Ruined.  The look on Jerry's face was priceless.  It was a mix of shock and fear as I think he thought I was about to lose it.  All I could do was laugh.  At least it was a two layer cake.  One layer is better than no layer!  Happy Birthday Brenna and Tanjua.  I hope you guys have a great day!

After the cake fiasco Jerry and I took the girls to the library to pick out some more books and then I could walk across the street to work.  It worked out that they were having a reptile show.  The girls were able to see snakes, turtles, even an alligator.  At the end the kids were allowed to come up and touch or hold the animals.  Wouldn't you know that Ansley was the one with the 3 foot snake around her neck.  Where's a camera when you need one!

No comments: