Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Primary Program

So today is always my favorite Sunday of the year.  The Primary Program is just amazing even from the alter.  The kids work so hard and they do such an amazing job.  Our Primary is busting at the seams these days with over 90 children so we barely fit on the alter.  The Spirit was amazingly strong as the children got up one by one and spoke and especially when they sang.  I have adored the song I know my Savior Loves Me from the first time I heard it and they sing it so well.   Ally is a primary program professional but this was Ansley's debut year.  She did great!  She got right up and spoke her part with no hesitation.  Ally did great too!  She had a long part and had to learn all the words so she could read it.  She amazed me and did it with very little practice.

Allyson's part was 2 Nephi 27:27 "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles;....and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." 

Ansley's part was I can follow Jesus' example by loving others.

We spent the rest of the afternoon outside.  The weather has been all over the place this week.  Almost 90 degrees on Friday and Sat and rather cool today but the sun was out and that's all that matters in my book.  We have great neighbors in the building next door and the girls love to play with their boys.  On a sadder note my surrogate grandparents have moved out.  I didn't realize it but Ally did.  She said, "mommy I think Charlotte and Walter are gone.  The shades are closed and the bird feeders are gone."  Such attention to detail.  She was right.  They are officially out of the complex.  I am extremely sad but will definitely be visiting them in their new place.  They can't get rid of me totally. 

We had some friends over for dinner tonight and were discussing the funny things kids say when Ally blurts out, "My middle name is sin!"  I think she meant son as in Ally-son but it was hilarious and proved out point that if they really want good wholesome entertainment they just need children!

No comments: