Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day of First Grade!





We have been putting the girls to bed early all week in preparation for Ally's first day and it worked.  I got up at 6:30 am to be up before her and had planned on waking her up around 7 am.  Just as I was getting dressed she work up and came running into my room, "Mommy, Mommy today is the day I go to school!"  She was super excited and to my surprise got ready with very little prompting.  Jerry made us all a great breakfast and we were out the door by 7:55 am.  At the bus stop we realized we hadn't reminded Ally which teacher she had or what  room number.  I also sent her to school with a fruit cup for snack time and no spoon.  Day one and already I have messed up severely.  She survived though mostly thanks to Miss Tanjua who saw her asking the librarian to help her find her room and then brought her to class.  Thanks Tanjua!  You are the BEST!  When I asked Ansley if she was going to miss Ally today she said, "No way, not at all!  I am going to play with all of her toys.  I think she did miss her though.  There wasn't a whole lot of playing today and there was a whole lot of whining.   When she got home I could tell that she was totally exhausted so we had a snack and took a rest before Karate.  At Karate Ansley stole the show when Master Fuller asked the class to do their best 8 point blocking with the strikes with their most mean face on.  While they are doing it he stops the class and asks Ansley to please do hers in the mirror.  It's a one way mirror so she was really doing it for all of the parents but all she could see was herself.  She had a great mean face on and gave everyone a great laugh!

No comments: