Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ansley's first day of school






Today was Ansley's first day of school.  She was somewhat shy in the beginning but Mrs. Oliphant said that she did speak and played with the other kids so already we are off to a pretty good start.  Ansley really enjoyed going to school.  They spent some of the day getting to know each other.   They played peanut butter jam which Ansley loved.   Her favorite addition was the alligator.  She picked a frog.  Mrs. Oliphant added her shoe.  They also went outside for some play time and finished the day with an open ended project.  Ansley was happy when we picked her up and took offense to the fact that we mentioned she didn't talk much.  "I talked today!"  It was cute.  Jerry and I spent the morning out.  We went out for breakfast and then ran some errands.  It was weird to be out without the girls.  I am starting to get used to Ally being gone all day but to be without Ansley too seemed strange.  After we picked her up Jerry went to school and I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to clean up.  I am in a purging mode which always means a bigger mess before it gets better.  Just as I was making some headway in the kitchen the UPS man showed up with Jerry's new punching bag.  Ansley was ecstatic and couldn't wait to punch it.  Me, I just wanted it out of the kitchen. We finished the day up with a great workout at karate.  We learned a bonus move tonight.  Jamie showed us how to fight off an attacker with a knife.  I also got a great compliment too.  Apparently he drove by Ansley and I while we were waiting for the bus but he didn't beep because he thought I was a babysitter and didn't want to scare me.  Ha!  I love it!

No comments: