Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten

Today was Allyson's first day of kindergarten. It is incredibly hard for me to believe but it's true and Jerry and I were extremely excited for her. She was a bit nervous so we have been talking it up for months. This morning was a bit of a struggle as Ally, only 5 years old, wants to wear whatever she wants no matter how ridiculous. For example winter clothes in the summer, clothing that is too small and my all time favorite layering all her favorite pieces to make one outfit. While this is fine for a trip to the grocery store I was in no way going to allow her to go to her first day of school looking ridiculous and had warned her of this weeks in advance. It didn't help at all though. Getting dressed was extremely tiring and there was an awful lot of crying. We made it to the bus though which was running quite late. We thought at one point we had missed it. But it arrived. Ally's principal Mrs DeLoreto was on the bus and got off to meet us and to help Ally get to her classroom. I was impressed :) Quite a nice touch. Ally got right on the bus and headed off without a tear. For those of you wondering I was tearless too! School is fun and I am happy for her. She is ready and so I am I. She came home very happy and excited about her new school and teacher. She even got a reward for helping to stack the classroom chairs. She loves to help. The bus was over 45 minutes late getting home and I don't know who was more impatient, Daddy or Ansley. There is a very nice crossing guard at our stop though and daddy did enjoy chatting with her. As for tomorrow I think we'll bring chairs!

No comments: