Saturday, October 4, 2008

Apples, Apples, Apples

So Ally is home from her sleepover and Daddy is home from his conference so we decided today would be a great day to spend as a family making applesauce. It was a messy project but we got it done. We lost a couple of quarts to broken jars during the canning process and a few due to mommy burning the last batch of apples on the stove top but all in all I think we did pretty well. 22 Quart jars and a couple of pints of applesauce and that's not counting the basket of apples I left out for apple pie filling. I'm guessing we'll probably get about 10 quarts of pie filling too!


Cooking the apples


Making the applesauce


Yummy Applesauce! It was so sweet we didn't even need to add sugar. :-)


Filling the canning jars. I have such good helpers!

1 comment:

Vi said...

I really need to learn how to do this stuff!