Saturday, March 19, 2011

An interesting scripture study indeed!!

So tonight we were reading in 2 Nephi Chapter 28 with the girls.  When we happened upon verse 21 which talks about how Satan lures people away from the truth and down to hell.
Ally, "Ooohhh, that's a bad word."
Ansley, "Yeah, that's a bad word mommy."
Me, "Well it can be when it's used as a curse but here they are talking about a place.  Hell is a bad, dark place because it is far from the presence of our Heavenly Father.  It's where Satan will spend eternity."
Ansley, "Why?"
Me, "Because he cannot go to Heaven."
Ansley, "Where is he right now?
Me, "He is here on the earth, trying to make us stray from what we know is right.  He is miserable and he wants us to be miserable too!"
Ansley, "Well I am going to hold onto the Iron Rod.  I don't want to go to hell with Satan!"
Me, "me too!!"
Ally, "me three!!"
So we continue on in our reading. 
Quickly we come to a verse talking about Satan again.  To which Ansley blurts out, "Satan lives in Shi_!!  I  continue reading like nothing happened.  Thanking God that Ally missed the comment all together and then put the girls to bed.  I can only image that she remembered he lived in a place that was a BAD word and Shi_! came out instead of hell.  Either way I laughed so hard I cried! (once I got downstairs of course)  I'm telling you I love the ages of 3 and 4.  You just never know what might pop out of their mouths. :)

No comments: