Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home

After a long 8 days away I have made it back from Atlanta. Mom picked me up from work with subway around 7pm and rushed me over to the airport. I made my flight with not much time to spare and landed around 11:40 pm in Boston. Brenna was nice enough to spend the night at our house so Jerry could come to pick me up without the girls. So he did and before we were even 10 miles from the airport we get stopped by cop. Jerry the old man driver got a speeding ticket for driving 60 miles an hour on the highway. Apparently parts of the highway in Boston are 45mph zones. It sounded pretty shady to me but it's not even worth fighting. Jerry is devastated. He has never in his life been given a moving violation and now his perfect driving record is RUINED! He'll get over it, sooner than later I hope. As for now I am sure it's the only thing he will be talking about. When we got home I had to peek in at the girls. I love to see them all snuggled up in their beds asleep. As soon as I tiptoed in Ansley's little head shot up and yelled Brenna. When she opened her eyes and realized it was me she squealed mommy and grabbed my neck. It was super cute and a great welcome home. I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight. Time for a shower and BED!!

This morning with some moaning and groaning Jerry got up with the girls so I could sleep in. Working 6/7 12 hour shifts was killer and I was exhausted. I actually slept until 10 am and probably could have slept most of the day but I wanted to see Ally before she left for school and catch up on the weeks happenings. Before I could even fully wake up Jerry was talking about going to look at vans (when he gets something in his head it consumes him until it's done). So after school we picked up Ally and drove New York city to Paragon Honda. Its a huge certified used Honda dealership and they had 10 used Honda vans to choose from. We were sure we'd like at least one, after all they looked great on the website. It was a horrendously long drive after a long week but we made it. It only took us about 20 minutes to come to the realization that none of the minivans on their lot were even close to anything we'd spend our money on and left. We headed back to CT and hit up the Car max in East Haven who had far fewer vans but all were in pristine condition. It was a much better experience and all the pictures on the website are of the actually cars you are buying. I am not so sure that is the case with Paragon. Also they will ship from any other Car max so let the search for the new Honda minivan begin!!

One funny thing about NY. Ansley and Ally love the Home Alone movies. In Home Alone 2the movie takes place in NYC. So we are driving, and driving and driving and the girls keep asking, "Are we still in CT?" So as soon as we crossed into NY I said we're in NY now. To which Ansley yells, "Where are the bad guys mommy?" Hilarious!

No comments: