Monday, February 22, 2010

Family Home Evening

Tonight for family home evening I read the story Maria's new Dress to the girls. The story was about a little girl who receives a new dress and is excited to wear it to church to show it off to all of her friends. At church she enjoyed hearing her friends compliment her on her dress and she spent most of the sacrament meeting tying and untying the pretty pink bows. At the end of the testimony meeting she noticed that many people had tears in their eyes and she questioned her mother about it. He mother explained to her that they had felt the Spirit and that sometimes it brings tears to their eyes. Maria was sad that she hadn't felt the Spirit and questioned her mother as to why. Her mother explained to her that the Spirit speaks in a still small voice and that we have to pay attention to notice it. Maria knew that she hadn't been thinking of Heavenly Father or Jesus but only of her new dress.

Ansley concluded our evening with a prayer. Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day. Thank you for having so much fun. I hope that I won't color in church anymore and that I won't look at my friends. I hope I will think about Jesus and Heavenly Father. In Jesus' name, Amen.

I guess the story evoked a little guilt about not paying attention during church. :)

No comments: