Monday, October 5, 2009

Finally some berry picking

I admit it I have been a complete slacker this canning season. We completely missed strawberries and blueberries and I have been really bummed. (Afternoon kindergarten is messing with my already tight schedule) So today before we completely missed every berry we headed out super early to Easy Pickens and picked 7 pints of raspberries. We tried for 10 but 7 was pushing it. Ally was into it for about an hour but Ansley stuck with me for a full 2.5 hours. She is such a patient picker. She would get so excited when she picked up a branch and found even one ripe raspberry. It was super cute. At one point I dropped about a 1/2 pint on the ground. I was really annoyed, especially because the pickens were so slim, but Ansley quickly came running. "Don't worry mommy, I will help you pick them up." Such a sweet kid. Now for the real fun.......JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!











2 comments:

Corinne said...

Yay Jam! I made my first jam this year (strawberry) and it was really exciting. Have fun with jam making!

The Bryant's said...

Yum! I really need to get on the ball and start canning. I just signed up at foodstoragemadeeasy.net and I get biweekly e-mails telling me something to do so at the end of the year you have a year supply of food storage and you are ready for emergencies. I think you would like it, you should check it out.
Love you!