Monday, October 18, 2010

Ansley, Ansley, Ansley

For those of you who don't know, I have my children tricked into thinking that granola bars are candy bars.  They both actually call them such.  Lately, Ansley, my little junk monster has been refusing lunch.  She prefers to just snack most of the day.  I don't allow her do this and most days wonder if she is surviving on merely air.  Today Jerry informed me of what has really been happening.  It started early this morning when she asked if she could have a candy bar.  Jerry told her no.  He was taking Ally to the bus stop and then they would have breakfast.  When he got back from the bus stop he found Ansley hiding in her room finishing up a candy bar.  He explained to her that she was disobedient and that she wouldn't be able to have another candy bar for a week because of her bad choice.  Fast forward to the end of the day when I get home.  Jerry tells me what happened.  Ansley is clearly sorry and tells me she can't have any candy bars for a week.  I put the girls to bed and then begin my nightly ritual of cleaning up the days mess when I find not one but two tops to candy bars.  She cuts them off with scissors and let the tops on the kitchen floor.  I might have mistaken them for a top and bottom except for the fact that she ate two different flavors.  Oh my Ansley, now we know its not air you have been surviving on, but candy bars!

No comments: