Saturday, January 9, 2010

Brenna's Baptism


Although an extremely busy day for me it ended beautifully. I left work at 5:30pm ran into the house with just enough time to rip the only pair of pantyhose I had left in the house, put on my dress and run back out the door. So far no time to be nervous about the talk I was giving because I was just too crazy. It definitely set it once we were there though. There were so many people there that we moved the talk part into the chapel which only made me even more nervous. Both of Brenna's parents, her father's parents and her fathers sister came the baptism to support her, which was really nice. I think everything went pretty well. I promised Brenna I wouldn't cry but by line three I was crying. So much for that. Jerry had the privilege of baptizing her which was great. I think he was a little nervous too. He did great though. While they changed we watched the Restoration. Brenna was out almost before the movie started, while I had to go out looking for Jerry because the movie was going to end soon. It's not a long video but still, he takes forever to get changed. After the video Elder Bruckner gave the talk on confirmation. After the talks, Bishop Taukus welcomed her into the ward. I don't think it could have gone any better. After we went out to dinner with Brenna, her family, Melanie and Matt. We had a great time. Such a good time that it was 11 o'clock and we were still out with the girls. They were so well behaved I had no idea it was so late. Congratulations Brenna! We love you!

1 comment:

Nikie said...

Gina,
I was so happy to read your post about Brenna's baptism because we missed it to go to Princesses on Ice! It sounds like it was a wonderful night!