Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17, 2009

So Jerry turned 30 earlier this week and although we celebrated his birthday with a party in Atlanta I wanted to celebrate with cake and presents at home. I had to work his actual birthday so I was planning something for after church on the 18th. He picked out his gift earlier in the week (Ally is unaware of this fact) and we had bought him his favorite cake, ice cream cake. Jerry knew about the plan but was playing along for Ally's sake. She is really funny about party's for mommy and daddy and gets really upset if we don't celebrate our birthdays the same way we celebrate hers and Ansley's. It's really kind of cute. So today I was upstairs when I heard Jerry ask Ally what the big secret was. Ally tells him she can't tell. Jerry then proceeds to tell her that she better tell him or he'll spank her (kidding of coarse). Ally's response, "But if I tell you mommy will spank me." To which Jerry replies, "Who spanks harder mommy or daddy?" Ally "You do daddy." Jerry "So who do you want a spanking from?" Ally "No one!" I absolutely love that Ally is so quick and witty. Jerry is going to get a run for his money as she gets older and I am going to enjoy the heck out of it!!

No comments: