Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Jerry


To My Husband,

Words cannot express how much you mean to me and how wonderful the last 11 years (wow!) have been with you in my life. I feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful partner in you. You are my rock and my true companion in life. Today for your 30th birthday I wanted to take the time to tell you the ways in which you have made me a better person. You have taught me so much about life and what is truly important.

You have taught me that being married is hard but worth the work.

That it really is possible to love someone and hate them all at the same time.

That in 10 years no one will remember if the house was clean or dirty but that the girls will remember all of the quality time together as a family.

That if it can be replaced it doesn't really matter.

That you can really do whatever you want if you try hard enough.

That living in the moment isn't necessarily a bad thing.

That it's fun to be irresponsible some of the time.

That boiled peanuts really are good.

That maybe I am a little redneck.

That life is hard but it can be as fun as we make it.

That it is better to look forward in faith than to look back with regret.

That people change and that it's not always a bad thing.

Lastly you have taught me that home isn't where we want to be but rather wherever we are together.

Jerry we are so different and sometimes those differences drive us crazy but I am so grateful for how those differences make us better people. I love you. Happy Birthday!

No comments: