Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Rice's

Well after much peer pressure we have finally created a blog. I am not very computer savvy so it has taken some time but I think it will be a great way to keep in touch with friends and family and to also journal some of life's great events. Jerry and I just celebrated five years married yesterday. We have two beautiful children, Allyson is four and Ansley is about to turn two. We currently live in Vernon, Connecticut. I am working as a Registered Nurse for a national agency and Jerry is a graduate student at the University of Connecticut. He is working on a PhD in Political Science and hopes to one day become a professor. We are members of the greatest church in the world, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, due to some very special missionaries. The journey has truly changed our lives in every way. We are so grateful for the gospel and the priesthood and all it has done for us. I absolutely love seeing my Ally grow in the church. She loves the gospel already. She looks forward to Primary and family home evening. She prays any chance she gets. She isn't afraid to tell people what she knows about Jesus. She is a shining example of a Christian and I pray everyday that it never changes. She has the sweetest spirit and wants to make her mom and dad proud. After church one Sunday Jerry had to talk to her about listening while her teachers were talking in Primary. She is very social and loves to talk to her friends. Her eyes immediately swelled up with tears and she said, "I talked and now mommy will be disappointed in me!" She was crushed at the thought that she had misbehaved and I might not be proud of her behavior. I have to say I was mildly disappointed but extremely proud. Don't get me wrong she can be naughty. She and her sister fight like wild beasts but she really does want to do what is right and I hope that never changes. Ansley is trying to be just like her big sister. She tries to do everything Ally does which drives Ally crazy. She is talking more at two than Ally talked at three. She repeats everything. She is definitely the rebel of the group and loves to instigate her sister. Her new favorite phrase is "na na na na!!" Two kids has made life so much more interesting.

Being a wife and a mother is awesome. I absolutely love it!! Even though I would occasionally like to hurt the children. I think this is normal. Well at least I hope it is. Being the primary bread winner on top of it has been a little stressful but it is only temporary. We have been very blessed since moving and I know without a doubt that even though it is difficult we are exactly where Heavenly Father wants us to be. He knows each of us so well, which is amazing, given all of the people who have lived or are living on the earth. But I know he does. I have a very strong testimony of this fact. He knows us very personally and loves each of us more than we can even imagine. Moving from our home and friends and family in Georgia was extremely difficult. Selling our first house was much more difficult than I could have imagined but the Gospel has gotten us through it. Life is hard at times but I think if we keep it focused on the Eternal Perspective instead of the mortal perspective we live better, more fulfilling lives. The trials of our mortal existence are so short in the realm of eternity. We are so truly blessed!! I hope this blog finds all of our friends and family well. We love you guys and hope you are enjoying every minute of this awesome journey called life because it goes by way faster than we realize.

1 comment:

Vi said...

What an awesome intro to your fam! love it!