Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's an icy mess!

Well they were right.  We woke this morning to sleet and freezing rain galore.  It's a disaster.  Needless to say we are off.  It is now snow day number 5  for Vernon, but I have to say if the temperature doesn't rise any today this mess is going to freeze and we can pretty much count on snow day number 6 for tomorrow.  YUCK!!  I think I'd rather have gotten Chicago's 2 feet of powder than this nasty mess.  I would also like to thank the University of Hartford for literally cancelling classes less than 20 minutes before the start of Jerry's class.  Nothing like a needless drive on the ice covered roads.

As I am blogging this post Vernon has cancelled school for tomorrow.  Snow day #6 it is!!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I'm sooooooo sick of snow and ice! This morning it took Dan an hour to get all the ice off the car - breaking two ice scrapers in the process and requiring boiling water to even open a door to turn the car on and access the ice scraper.

Can it be spring yet?